Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 20th "Country Music Classics" Q & A

                 COUNTRY   MUSIC   CLASSICS

                  Q  &  A

 

March 20th, 2012

 

QUESTION:   I still have the 45 rpm recording  of Crystal Gayle's "I Cried The Blues Right Out Of My Eyes" that I bought in 1977. My mom says that song (by Crystal) was on the radio years before that. Is that true?

 

 

ANSWER:     "I Cried The Blues Right Out Of My Eyes"  was Crystal's first chart record and climbed to # 23 in 1970. MCA re-released it in 1977 and it peaked at # 40

 

                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^

 

This day in 1963 - - George Hamilton IV recorded his #1 single "Abilene." The RCA Victor single was his 7th charted song and his only number one. It stayed at the top of the charts for four weeks and on the charts for 24 weeks.

 

 

                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

 "Q & A" is a by-product of our weekly "Country Music Classics" newsletter. NO - it does NOT replace the weekly newsletter--it is simply an addition--due to the large number of questions received each week that I do not have room for in the weekly newsletter. Subscribers receive BOTH the weekly newsletter and the daily Q & A---because I do not maintain two separate mailing lists.  If you wish to unsubscribe- send a blank email to:

countrymusicclassics-off@milepost1.com

 

IF YOU DO UNSUBSCRIBE....YOU WILL BE UNSUBSCRIBING FROM BOTH THE WEEKLY "COUNTRY MUSIC CLASSICS" AND THE DAILY "Q & A."

 

 

                                      ^^^^^^^^

 

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT   www.countrymusicclassics.com

 

 

                                            ^^^^^^^

No comments:

Post a Comment