Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday June 26th, 2012 Q & A

                  Q  &  A

 

Tuesday June 26th,  2012

 

QUESTION:    I know that Willie Nelson had a big hit with "Always On My Mind." My mom says that song was on the radio years before that by someone else. Is that true?

 

 

 

ANSWER:       Brenda Lee scored a # 45 hit with "Always On My Mind" 1972,  Elvis Presley took it to # 16 in 1973, was a # 20 for John Wesley Ryles in 1979 – all before Willie's version went to # one in 1982.

 

                                       ^^^^^^^^^^

 

A T  T  E  N T I O N:     R A D I O     S T A T I O N S:

Our short form daily radio feature,  "Story Behind The Song" is now available to radio stations  at  no charge.  (NOT AVAILABLE TO INTERNET STATIONS)

  For information, email me at classics@countrymusicclassics.com

 

                                      ^^^^^^^^^

 

THIS WEEK IN 1956: Elvis Presley had his 7th song on the country music charts. "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You" entered the country charts June 2nd, 1956, made it to number one and stuck there for two weeks. It was on the charts for 20 weeks and also scored a # one on the pop charts.

 

                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^

 

 "Q & A" is a by-product of our weekly "Country Music Classics" newsletter. NO - it does NOT replace the weekly newsletter--it is simply an addition--due to the large number of questions received each week that I do not have room for in the weekly newsletter. Subscribers receive BOTH the weekly newsletter and the daily Q & A---because I do not maintain two separate mailing lists.  If you wish to unsubscribe- send a blank email to:

countrymusicclassics-off@milepost1.com

 

IF YOU DO UNSUBSCRIBE....YOU WILL BE UNSUBSCRIBING FROM BOTH THE WEEKLY "COUNTRY MUSIC CLASSICS" AND THE DAILY "Q & A."

 

 

                                      ^^^^^^^^

 

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT   www.countrymusicclassics.com

 

 

                                            ^^^^^^^

 

No comments:

Post a Comment