Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Thursday October 8th, 2015 Country Music Classics

COUNTRY MUSIC CLASSICS

Doug Davis
Owner/Publisher/Manager/Editor/
Writer/Gopher/Chief Cook & Bottle Washer

Thursday October 8th, 2015

Email: djdclassics@gmail.com


STORY BEHIND THE SONG

Every singer has recordings they think could have been better and according to
Mickey Gilley - his 1983 number one "Talk To Me" was one of those tunes!

Gilley commented, I had been singing that song in clubs for quite a while before
my producer Jim Ed. Norman mentioned recording it. I thought it was a very good
song. But I recorded it in too high a key. Most people never noticed it but
there are a few spots where I had to strain to get there."

Gilley's Epic Records single "Talk To Me" was written by Joe Seneco and produced
by Jim Ed Brown at Nashville's Audio Media Studios.

It came on the country music charts November 13th, 1982 and made the top of the
list January 29th,1983.

The single was his 29th charted song - his 15th number one - and was on the
charts for 18 weeks.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Q: I heard that George Strait was doing something with Walmart. Do you have
any information?
A; George has released a new "Cold Beer Conversation" album thru Walmart and
Apple Music. He will also perform four shows in the new Las Vegas Arena on April
22nd and 23rd and September 9th and 10th.

Q: My daughter says she heard the radio guys playing a new Diamond Rio album.
Do you have details?
A: Diamond Rio's newest project "I Made It" has just been released and is
their first album since 2009.

Q: I have heard that another of The Browns is seriously ill?
A: Bonnie Brown of the Browns has been diagnosed with stage IV cancer in her
right lung.

Q: Anything new on Randy Travis' recovery?
A: Randy recently made a surprise visit to The Grand Ole Opry and continues to
recover.

Q: The radio guys mentioned something about a new "Hee Haw" DVD. Do you know
anything about that?
A: "The Haw Hee Collection" is a new released DVD set now available thru
Amazon and Time Life.

Q: My son heard a dude on the radio talking about Dolly Parton recording a new
"Trio" album with Linda Ronstadt and Emmylou Harris. I thought Ronstadt was
seriously ill.
A: Ronstadt is reportedly unable to record because of illness. The new project
is previously recorded and unreleased tracks.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A T T E N T I O N: R A D I O S T A T I O N S:
Our short form daily radio feature, "Story Behind The Song" is now
available to radio
stations.

NOT AVAILABLE TO INTERNET STATIONS)
The feature is available at no charge.
For information, email me at
classics@countrymusicclassics.com

^^^^^^^^^^


NUMBER ONES ON THIS DATE

1948
Just a Little Lovin' (Will Go a Long, Long Way) - Eddy Arnold
1956
Hound Dog/Don't Be Cruel - Elvis Presley
1964
I Guess I'm Crazy - Jim Reeves
1972
I Ain't Never - Mel Tillis
1980
Do You Wanna Go to Heaven - T.G. Sheppard
1988
Honky Tonk Moon - Randy Travis

^^^^^^^^^^^

IF I WERE KING.
By: Jack Blanchard

If I were king...
a captain of industry,
a leader of the people,
and wanted to stay king of my hill,
here's what I would probably do:

I would charge the consumers more and give them less.
If I couldn't raise prices fast enough,
I'd put merchandise like coffee in smaller containers
without lowering the price.

The masses have become used to creeping inflation,
so I would creep my prices up at a respectable rate.
It doesn't mean I have to give them anything more.

I would always think of the little people as "the masses".
It's more pleasant to rob those I don't see as real people.

I would build them half-million-dollar houses
made of particle board, screening, and vinyl stucco,
and hang them together with staples.
It's become tradition.

Another way to up profits (which, of course, is God's will),
is to fire most of my Customer Service and Support staff
so that that my marks, I mean customers,
will have to wait on the phone 40 minutes
to tell their problems to my computer.
I never did like hearing customer's complaints.
They should just hand over their money and shut up.

If my companies did anything to kill a few peons
and they sued me,
I would naturally blame the lawyers
and pay my politicians to pass laws protecting me from my victims.

I can fire all the employees I want, and call it efficiency.
I can ship jobs overseas and blame it on the unions.

My governments can spend all they want
as long as my companies and I get all we want.
I can use the plural "governments"
because I would owe no allegiance to any one country or state,
the USA being just one of my branch offices.

I think my true stroke of genius is this:
Turn the middle class, the poor, and the semi-poor
against each other.

All ethnic groups can blame each other for their problems.
The unemployed can hate the homeless and the immigrants.
The middle class can blame the Welfare recipients,
while my gang steals the real money.
Hate is such a wonderful diversion!

None of them would be looking my way at all.
I would be above suspicion.
In fact, they'd look to me for leadership, wisdom, and mercy.
Yeah, right.

I have a lot more great plans for healthcare, prisons, social services,
and those annoying seniors with their Social Security.
So much to do!
Life is good.

Wait a minute! It's just a dream.
Nobody would be like that.

Jack Blanchard
http://jackandmisty.net

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

VIEW FROM THE FRONT PORCH
By: Stan Hitchcock

The colors of autumn are just beginning to touch the Sycamores down by the
creek, although the Maple tree by the old farmhouse is in full bloom of Fall, as
the leaves start to cascade down in the gentle breeze that is wafting across the
porch this morning. It's my favorite time of year, a time to pause and reflect,
and to embrace the change of seasons that is one of the things I love about
living in Middle Tennessee.

I am a person of weather change, loving to watch the approach of a Summer storm
as it darkens up the Western sky, or the first flower of late February or early
March to burst forth from the thawing ground down by the spring that runs into
our creek, and, of course, the first hint of snow, which usually sends
Southerners rushing to the grocery store, as if this region was about to be
inundated by the great Blizzard, such as happened last in 1779, when on
Christmas day of that year the first party of settlers arrived to find the
Cumberland River frozen over so solid that they, and their animals and wagons
could cross over. Course, that has never happened since, but who knows….?

But, of all these wonderful season changes, the Fall is just the best. The smell
of burning leaves starts to keep a hint in the air, the breeze blowing through
the drying leaves makes a different rustling sound, and the grass loses the
bright green color it has kept since Spring. The wild animals are more active
this time of year, the deer starting to move toward the rutting season, the
other animals gathering for winter. And I sit on the front porch and watch it
all happen. God bless us all, and deliver us from the Summer doldrums, to
freshen for the coming Winter as we move toward surviving one more year.

Stan Hitchcock
www.hitchcockcountry.com -

http://www.hitchcockcountry.com



^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts
have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.
– Psalm 111:10 (NIV)


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To unsubscribe from this newsletter: send an email to:

country-music-classics-off@mail-list.com

^^^^^^^^^^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe, send a blank message to country-music-classics-on@mail-list.com
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to country-music-classics-off@mail-list.com
To change your email address, send a message to country-music-classics-change@mail-list.com
with your old address in the Subject: line
To contact the list owner, send your message to
country-music-classics-list-owner@mail-list.com

Doug Davis-Country Music Classics-3702 Pleasant Grove Rd-Texarkana, Texas 75503

To unsubscribe or change your email address, click here.
<http://cgi.mail-list.com/u?ln=country-music-classics&nm=thegblogindy%40gmail.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment