Saturday, September 21, 2024

How has the world moved on from these children?

Hi ,

I hope your weekend is going well so far. 

Today, a video popped up on my feed. It was a video taken by Palestinian journalist, Duaa Tuaimi, of children smiling and playing in an area that was later targeted by the IOF. The attack was done in late May and it burnt a whole camp of tents. Humans were burned alive as many brave Palestinians ran into the burning blaze to try and save as many people as they can. Sadly there wasn't many to save as most of them were burnt alive in their tents. The journalist mentioned that she was not sure who from the children filmed were killed. I cried as I watched these children smile and interact with Duaa. I rewatched the video today tens of times, wondering how the world has moved on. How has the world moved on from these children. How were they able to be burned alive. How does it continue to happen. 

Sometimes I come to write the WTP family an email and I end up just erasing it and scrapping it. I know your hearts are weighing heavy as this genocide seems to get worse and worse. I know you feel like all these children are yours. We hurt as if they are related to us. 

Today is also International Peace Day which is a United Nations-sanctioned holiday observed annually on September 21st. I find it ironic that the UN sanctioned this holiday while this year has shown us once again that peace is not a human right for all. This year has proved to us, once again, that justice is not a human right to all. As we are only 2 weeks away from the genocide in Gaza reaching it's one year mark, one thing that has brought me joy is to see how many people are still fighting for human rights. Keep shouting for others to have peace, safety, and freedom.

This week, we launched a collection with Renad, a little girl who I feel is like my little sister. We were contacted by her older sister, Nourhan, back in April to collaborate on videos so that Renad's videos can reach more people. We were more than honored to showcase her adorable cooking videos. She continued to grow and continued to make the world smile with her beautiful videos. When they brought up the idea of making a collection together, we were ecstatic to try and make her dream come true and we're so happy we were able to. If you haven't checked out the collection yet, I urge you to at least check out the pieces just to see her art because she is so proud of it and we are so proud of her.

Thank you for all the support. Do not lose faith in humanity. Palestine will be free.

www.wearthepeace.com

Peace and love,

Murad

 

 

 



You received this email from Wear The Peace. If you would like to unsubscribe, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment