Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday October 8th, 2012 Q & A

                 COUNTRY   MUSIC   CLASSICS

                  Q  &  A

 

 Monday October 8th, 2012

Email: classics@countrymusicclassics.com

 

Q:     My dad has a copy of "Knoxville Girl" by The Louvin Brothers. My mom says that song was also a hit for another group. Was it The Gatlin Brothers?

 

A:      "Knoxville Girl" was a top 20 hit for The Louvin Brothers and The Wilburn Brothers in 1959.






                                     ^^^^^^^^^

 

A T  T  E  N T I O N:     R A D I O     S T A T I O N  MANAGERS, PROGRAM DIRECTORS,  and D.J.'S:

Our short form daily radio feature,  "Story Behind The Song" is now available to radio stations  at  no charge.  (NOT AVAILABLE TO INTERNET STATIONS)

  For information, email me at classics@countrymusicclassics.com

 

                                               ^^^^^^^^^^

 

THIS WEEK IN 1955: The Louvin Brothers had their first charted song. "When I Stop Dreaming" came on the charts September 10th, 1955  and peaked at # 8. The Capitol Records single was on the charts for 13 weeks.

 



                                               ^^^^^^^^^^   

 

 

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT   www.countrymusicclassics.com

 

 

                                                ^^^^^^^

 

No comments:

Post a Comment