Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday October 12th, 2012 Q & A

                 COUNTRY   MUSIC   CLASSICS

                  Q  &  A

 

Friday October 12th, 2012

Email: classics@countrymusicclassics.com

 

Q:    I have all of Johnny Paycheck's records - including his first hit "A-11." My dad says that Paycheck had several records before that. Is that true?

 

A:      Prior to scoring hit records, Paycheck released four singles on Decca Records under the name "Donny Young."  He also had a couple of singles on Mercury Records before the hits started coming.

 






                                     ^^^^^^^^^

 

A T  T  E  N T I O N:     R A D I O     S T A T I O N  MANAGERS, PROGRAM DIRECTORS,  and D.J.'S:

Our short form daily radio feature,  "Story Behind The Song" is now available to radio stations  at  no charge.  (NOT AVAILABLE TO INTERNET STATIONS)

  For information, email me at classics@countrymusicclassics.com

 

                                               ^^^^^^^^^^

 

TODAY IN 1971:  Johnny Paycheck had his 12th charted song. His Epic Records single "She's All I Got" came on the charts October 9th, 1971 and peaked  at # 2.

 

 

                                               ^^^^^^^^^^   

 

 

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT   www.countrymusicclassics.com

 

 

                                                ^^^^^^^

 

 

1 comment: