Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday September 29th 2012 Q & A

                 COUNTRY   MUSIC   CLASSICS

                  Q  &  A

 

 Saturday  September 29th, 2012

Email: classics@countrymusicclassics.com

 

Q:       I remember a good country record years ago about "Mr. Peters." I thought it was by Priscilla Mitchell and Justin Tubb. My daughter says that is incorrect. Can you provide any information?



A:       "Hurry, Mr. Peters" was a # 6 hit for Justin Tubb and Lorene Mann in 1965. It was an answer song to "Yes, Mr. Peters," which scored a # one for Priscilla Mitchell and Roy Drusky the same year.





                                     ^^^^^^^^^

 

A T  T  E  N T I O N:     R A D I O     S T A T I O N  MANAGERS, PROGRAM DIRECTORS,  and D.J.'S:

Our short form daily radio feature,  "Story Behind The Song" is now available to radio stations  at  no charge.  (NOT AVAILABLE TO INTERNET STATIONS)

  For information, email me at classics@countrymusicclassics.com

 

                                               ^^^^^^^^^^

 

THIS WEEK IN 1961: Roy Drusky had his 6th charted song. " I Went Out Of My Way (To Make You Happy)" The Decca Records single came on the charts September 11th, 1961 and peaked at # 9. Roy Drusky placed 42 songs on the charts between 1960 and 1977. He died in 2004.




                                               ^^^^^^^^^^   

 

 

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT   www.countrymusicclassics.com

 

 

                                                ^^^^^^^

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment