Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday August 12th, 2012 Q & A

                 COUNTRY   MUSIC   CLASSICS

                  Q  &  A

 

Sunday August 12th,  2012

 

QUESTION:    "Amanda" was my dad's favorite song. He sang it all the time and said he learned the words from the Waylon Jennings record. But my mom says that song was on the radio years before Waylon's recording. Is that true?

 

 

 

ANSWER:        Bob McDill's "Amanda" scored a # 33 hit for Don Williams in 1973 before making it to # one for Waylon Jennings in 1979.

 

 

 

                                       ^^^^^^^^^^

 

A T  T  E  N T I O N:     R A D I O     S T A T I O N  MANAGERS, PROGRAM DIRECTORS,  and D.J.'S:

Our short form daily radio feature,  "Story Behind The Song" is now available to radio stations  at  no charge.  (NOT AVAILABLE TO INTERNET STATIONS)

  For information, email me at classics@countrymusicclassics.com

 

                                      ^^^^^^^^^

 

THIS WEEK IN 1965:  Waylon Jennings had his first chart record. "That's The Chance I'll Have To Take" entered the country music charts August 21st, 1965 and peaked at # 49.

 

                                               ^^^^^^^^^^   

 

 

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT   www.countrymusicclassics.com

 

 

                                            ^^^^^^^

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment