Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wednesday November 28th, 2012 Q & A

COUNTRY   MUSIC   CLASSICS

                  Q  &  A

Wednesday November 28th, 2012

Email: classics@countrymusicclassics.com

 

Q:    The Porter Wagoner record of "I'm Gonna Feed You Now" is one of my favorites and I bought it when it came out in the late 70's. My dad says that song was on the radio years earlier. Is that true?


 

A:     Porter's original version was labeled "I'm Gonna Feed You Now" and peaked at # 21 in 1965. He re-recorded the song in 1978 - labeled as "I'm Gonna Feed' Em Now," which wound up as the flip side  of his 1978 # 31 hit, "Ole Slewfoot."



                                     ^^^^^^^^^

 

A T  T  E  N T I O N:     R A D I O     S T A T I O N  MANAGERS, PROGRAM DIRECTORS,  and D.J.'S:

Our short form daily radio feature,  "Story Behind The Song" is now available to radio stations  at  no charge.  (NOT AVAILABLE TO INTERNET STATIONS)

  For information, email me at classics@countrymusicclassics.com

 

 

                                               ^^^^^^^^^^ 

  

TODAY IN 1956: Porter Wagoner had his 6th charted song. "Tryin' To Forget The Blues" came on the charts November 17th, 1956 and peaked at  #  11.

 

                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT   www.countrymusicclassics.com

 

 

                                                ^^^^^^^

 

No comments:

Post a Comment