Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Tuesday November 6th, 2012 Q & A

                 COUNTRY   MUSIC   CLASSICS

                  Q  &  A

 

  Tuesday  November 6th, 2012

Email: classics@countrymusicclassics.com

 

Q:    I have a copy of Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You," that I bought in the early 80's. My mom says that song was on the radio years earlier. Is that true?

 

A:     Dolly's original recording of  "I Will Always Love You" was a number one in 1974. She re-recorded the song in 1982 for the "Best Little Whorehouse In Texas" movie. That version also topped the charts. She recorded the song a third time in 1995 with Vince Gill. This third version peaked at number 15 and was a part of the "Something Special" album  and was awarded the "Vocal Event Of The Year" from the Country Music Association.

 



                                     ^^^^^^^^^

 

A T  T  E  N T I O N:     R A D I O     S T A T I O N  MANAGERS, PROGRAM DIRECTORS,  and D.J.'S:

Our short form daily radio feature,  "Story Behind The Song" is now available to radio stations  at  no charge.  (NOT AVAILABLE TO INTERNET STATIONS)

  For information, email me at classics@countrymusicclassics.com

 

                                               ^^^^^^^^^^

TODAY  IN  1968:  Dolly Parton had her 8th charted song.  "In The Good Ole Days (When Times Were Bad)" came on the charts November  16th, 1968 and peaked at number 25.  The RCA Victor single was on the charts for eleven weeks.

 

 

 

                                               ^^^^^^^^^^   

 

 

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT   www.countrymusicclassics.com

 

 

                                                ^^^^^^^

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment