Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Thursday October 16th, 2014 Country Music Classics

COUNTRY MUSIC CLASSICS*

*


Doug Davis
Owner/Publisher/Manager/Editor/

Writer/Gopher/Chief Cook & Bottle Washer


Thursday October 16th, 2014


CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE AT www.countrymusicclassics.com


*

STORY BEHIND THE SONG*

*

Most recording artists have what's known as a "signature song," and according to
T. G. Sheppard, his 1981 number one "I Loved'em Every One" was one of his
signature tunes!

Sheppard commented, "The timing was perfect on that record, because it was
during the time that country music was going pop. Country music was all over
television and cowboy hats, jeans and boots were in. The record label shipped
the record to both pop and country radio stations and it made both charts on
March 14th."

The song was written by Phil Sampson and was Sheppard's 20th charted song and
his 7th number one.

The Warner/Curb single was on the charts for15 weeks.*

*

^^^^^^^^^^*

*

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS


Q: I heard about a new book about George Strait. Do you have any info?
A: The new Strait biography is a joint effort between the Academy Of Country
Music and CBS-TV - as part of the buildup to the 50th Annual ACM Awards. The
book is now on newsstands and is available on Amazon.

Q: The radio folks said that Merle Haggard and The Oak Ridge Boys were teaming
up for some festival. Do you know when and where?
A: Merle Haggard, The Oak Ridge Boys, and Mickey Gilley are the artists set
to perform at the 2015 Stagecoach Music Festival in Indio, California April 24th
- 26th.

Q: Did John Anderson receive some kind of award. My daughter says it was
mentioned on TV.
A: John Anderson was recently inducted into The Nashville Songwriter's Hall
Of Fame.

Q: You had mentioned that some of Willie Nelson's hair was being sold. Was it
sold?
A: A pair of Willie Nelson's braids were sold recently for $37,000 at an
auction in Phoenix, Arizona. Willie reportedly cut the braids off and gave them
to Waylon in 1983 to show support for Jennings during his sobriety.

Q: During a recent TV show - Ray Stevens mentioned he will be on a Country
Music Awards show. Do you have any information?
A: Ray Stevens will co-host the 2014 Inspirational Country Music Awards on
November 13th.

Q: I have a tape of Willie Nelson singing the old song "I'll Trade All Of My
Tomorrows For Just One Yesterday" that was recorded off the radio years ago. Do
you know when that recording came out?
A: The recording was a track in Willie's 1977 "Before His Time" album.

*

^^^^^^^^^*

Your comments, suggestions, gripes, etc. concerning this newsletter---are
welcome. Email *to:
*Classics@countrymusicclassics.com



* ^^^^^^^^^*



* NUMBER ONE ON THIS DATE:*



*1948*
/Just a Little Lovin (Will Go a Long, Long Way)/ - Eddy Arnold *

*1956*
/Hound Dog/Dont Be Cruel/ - Elvis Presley *

*1964*
/I Guess Im Crazy/ - Jim Reeves *

*1972*
/Funny Face/ - Donna Fargo *

*1980*
/Loving Up a Storm/ - Razzy Bailey *

*1988*
/Streets of Bakersfield/ - Dwight Yoakam & Buck Owens*







^^^^^^^^^*

A T T E N T I O N: R A D I O S T A T I O N S:*

Our short form daily radio feature, *Story Behind The Song* is
*now available to radio
stations.
NOT AVAILABLE TO INTERNET STATIONS)

The feature is available at *no charge*.*

For information, email me at
*classics@countrymusicclassics.com

*

^^^^^^^^^^*

*IN THE HOSPITAL THIS WEEK.*

By: Jack Blanchard

Well, I'm home from the hospital today today.
My problem was internal bleeding. I lost several pints of blood.
Anyway, they fixed it, at least for now.
Everybody that worked at the hospital was just like family,
without the arguments.

They took me in an ambulance Monday night and threw me out today.
During all that time I ate practically nothing
and slept about an hour and a half each day.
Misty took great care of me, as always.

The food was great but I had no appetite and couldn't eat it.
They checked me from head to toe with a colonoscopy
and many other tests.
They found and fixed a couple of things.
No cancer or anything deadly.

Seriously, I was worried about cancer.
It was a very rough four days,
hooked up to wires, tubes, and a five pound heart monitor.

The best part was being under general anesthetic for an hour.
Endless tests and treatments in all hours of the day and night.
And I've hated wearing gowns ever since the prom.

They say that every once in a while my heart does a little dance step
for about five seconds.
I think it's just going from the chorus to the bridge.

Three cardiologists told me that my occasional irregular heartbeat
was nothing to worry about... that almost everybody has it.
So why did they give me a prescription for it?

Three nurses were actually arguing
about which one would give me the suppository.
To keep the peace, I did it myself.

Today I got home and found over a thousand emails on my mail page,
and hundreds of comments and "likes" on Facebook.
I can't thank each of you individually, but I'm saying this now to all of you:
Thank you so much for caring!
You've brightened a dark week.



Jack Blanchard*

*_http://_www.jackandmisty.net* - http://www.jackandmisty.net-UNAS
-





^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*

*

T*ODAY IN COUNTRY MUSIC HISTORY*

Compiled by Bill Morrison*

*

Bob Newman, of "The Georgia Crackers" born Cochran, GA 1915.


Dale Troy "Stoney" Cooper, born Harman, WV 1918.


George Morgan joined the Grand Ole Opry 1948.


Bland Simpson, of the "Red Clay Ramblers" born Durham, NC 1948.


Jim Ed Norman, record company executive/producer, born Fort Myers, FL
1948.


Carl Butler debuted on the Grand Ole Opry 1953.


Elvis Presley debuted on the Louisiana Hayride 1954.


Jimmie H. Davis inducted CMHF 1972.


Doyle Wilburn, age 52, of the "Wilburn Brothers" died Nashville, TN
1982.


Don Reno, age 58, of "Reno & Smiley" died Charlottesville, VA 1984.


Naomi Judd announced her retirement in _1990_, due to
illness.


Johnny Cash performed at Bob Dylan's 30th Anniversary Celebration in NYC
1992.


RCA released Vince Gill's "Super Hits" album 1996.


John Berry's "All the Way to There" album released in 2001.


Sara Evans single "Suds In The Bucket" topped the charts 2004.


The National Italian American Foundation honored Tim McGraw with their Special
Achievement Award in Music _2004_. Tim's mother is
Italian.


The Ralph Stanley Museum was opened in Clintwood, VA 2004.

*

Courtesy Bill Morrison:
*<http://www.talentondisplay.com/countrycalMAR.html*> -

<http://www.talentondisplay.com/countrycalMAR.html>








^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

*

*

VIEW FROM THE FRONT PORCH

By: Stan Hitchcock*

The fumes in here, from the bubbling witches brew, make our eyes water and your
nose run. Grown men have been known to break out in sobs, and confess to every
sin they ever committed, after two bites of the chili. That's why I call it my
"Revival Chili", it can make you drop to your knees and speak in an unknown
tongue...but, it is right tasty and pleasant to the tongue, for about 2 seconds,
until the fire starts. We'll see who is the tougher...the Baptists, the Church
of Christ or the Presbyterians...the Methodists cannot compete cause they are
tougher than all of 'em put together. Musicians, who eat some right before
singing? Have been know to quietly burp, and shoot fire out at the front
row...not a pretty sight. *

Oh well, you put 'er out there, and let the peppers fall where they will. *

*Stan Hitchcock

www.hitchcockcountry.com* -

http://www.hitchcockcountry.com





*

*

^^^^^^^^^*

*

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:*

*



The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. *

* Psalm 28:7 (NIV)*



*

^^^^^^^^*

*

To unsubscribe from this newsletter: send an email to:


*country-music-classics-off@mail-list.com*-UNA
S-

*

*

^^^^^^^^^^^*

*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To subscribe, send a blank message to country-music-classics-on@mail-list.com
To unsubscribe, send a blank message to country-music-classics-off@mail-list.com
To change your email address, send a message to country-music-classics-change@mail-list.com
with your old address in the Subject: line
To contact the list owner, send your message to
country-music-classics-list-owner@mail-list.com

Doug Davis-Country Music Classics-3702 Pleasant Grove Rd-Texarkana, Texas 75503

To unsubscribe or change your email address, click here.
<http://cgi.mail-list.com/u?ln=country-music-classics&nm=thegblogindy%40gmail.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment